Laying the Foundation for You!
Chiropractic care is like building a house - certain things have to happen in a particular order in order for everything to stand strong and work correctly. When building a house, if you tried to put up your walls before you had a solid foundation, your walls would be weak and eventually collapse. If you tried to put on your roof before the walls were ready, you would run into the same problem. The same is true for your body. Your body has to go through a particular plan of care in order to repair itself correctly and fully. There are three general phases of chiropractic care:
What You Will Receive:
- A committed, helpful and supportive staff who are there to help you
- Treatment DAY 1. Many offices make you wait 1-2 days when you start care with them to receive treatment. Not at The Chiropractic Center of Las Vegas! If we can start day 1 we will!
- Individual attention
- No long drawn out over priced and high pressure sales treatment plans
- A complete chiropractic office with physio-therapeutic modalities and imaging suite.
- A full review of your medical records, MRI, CT scans or X-ray studies. If you have these, please bring them with you.
Phase 1: Acute care
If you are in pain when you come into our office, the first objective is to help you feel better. Depending on the severity of your problem, we will start treatment day one and you will typically be seen two to three times per week for typically two to four weeks. Sometimes this can last longer depending on what you are experiencing or you level of progress.
Phase 2: Remodeling
During the remodeling phase, muscles and other tissues are allowed to heal more completely, thereby helping prevent injury. It is typical to need care four (4) to eight (8) times per month (this equates to 1-2 times per week) for a couple of months, depending on your overall health and the severity of your condition. This can last longer or not as long, every case is different.
Phase 3: Follow Up Care
Once you have recovered, you will typically be discharged from care. It is important to listen to your body and when necessary, come in for periodic adjustments to minimize the need for more intensive and more frequent treatment. Usually, this only requires a quick visit to the chiropractor once every month or so based on your lifestyle and goals. If you feel some discomfort, that is a signal to make a call to our office.
What To Do Next:
Consultation appointment for chiropractic and/or Manipulation Under Anesthesia:
1. Call us and make an appointment. Once you have your appointment time, please arrive 10-15 minutes early for your initial visit.
2. Gather your medical records, imaging studies if you have them (They must have been taken within the past six months, otherwise new studies will need to be performed.), list of your prescriptions, names of your previous physicians and chiropractors
3. Fill out the New Patient Forms as completely as possible under the forms tab and bring these with you.
4. Make a list of questions for the doctor
Procedure Day: Manipulation Under Anesthesia
1. DO NOT eat or drink anything after midnight
2. Follow the instructions given to you by the surgery center including arriving on time
3. What to wear: Comfortable clothing, shorts, boxer briefs, underwear or legging/yoga pants for during the procedure. You will be asked to change into a gown once in the pre-op area. Please keep your bottoms on.
4. Bring a family member or friend as you will NOT be able to drive, take an Uber or Taxi.
5. Please note that a number of medications should not be taken during the two weeks before your scheduled surgery. These include:
• Anti-inflammatory and arthritis medications
• Drugs that contain aspirin
• Most vitamins and herbal supplements